How it works
This platform means that we can find hirers who are interested in renting an EV around your location. This is a simple platform to bring the service and ease to you quicker. We are working hard behind the scenes to launch a custom built end to end peer to peer solution so feel free to keep the suggestions and ideas on what improvements to the process or platform that you will like to see.
This is how the process works :
For car owners
- 1. List your car
- • Let us know the make, model and registration details.
- • Upload photos of your car. The more photos the better
- 2. Set your price and availability
- • You choose the days and time you want to make your car available.
- • You are free to set your own rental rate. We are happy to recommend rates if you ask us.
- • We take 30% to cover car-sharing insurance and marketing.
- 3. Update your payment information. Register your bank details so you can get paid when we take a booking for you.
- 4. Confirm a booking
- When you get a booking request you’ll need to confirm with us that we have verified their licence and address recently before you accept the payment. This is to ensure underage (insurance is minimum 30 for the Tesla) people do not go ahead to make payment.
- There is also a £3k insurance excess due so do not accept payment until we confirm the hirer is able to provide the excess. This is all to ensure the safety of your prized car.
- 5. Electric car handover
- • Wait for us to process the payment and we’ll share your contact details with the renter, and vice versa.
- • Arrange a time and exact location to handover the car
- We will send you the rental agreement so that the condition of the car can be correctly noted.
- 5. Get your money
- You’ll receive your income within 7 working days – directly into your chosen account .
- Review the driver
For car renters
- 1. Search and choose
- Look for a car, location, date and time when you want to hire a car.
- 2. Sign up into our system, using your email or social networks.
- 3. Request a booking
- You’ll need a Clean valid licence, be over 30 year,
- We’ll verify you as a user when you send a picture of your licence plus two address proofs to our contact email address.
- Please note for Tesla’s on our site there is a £3k excess due which is a credit card pre authorisation released after the hire. This is standard for high end vehicles.
- 4. car handover
- Subject to satisfactory driver and address checks, we will process the payment and share your contact details with the car owner, and vice versa.
- Arrange a time and exact location to handover the car.
- Take photos of the car for your records and note any existing damage.
- 5. Return the car
- Arrange an exact location.
- Take photos for your records.
- Review your experience.
Sign up with email
DRI_EV is a web service built on the Sharetribe platform. The general terms of Sharetribe below apply also to the use of DRI_EV
Rights of Content
The users themselves retain the right to all text, pictures and other content that they create in the service. The users allow others to utilize the content in accordance with the nature of the service and furthermore allow the service provider to file information and data and make changes that are necessary for the service or the study, however other rights are not transferred from the users, unless specifically otherwise agreed. The responsibility of the content lies with the user, who has produced it to the service. The service provider has the right to remove any material when it deems it necessary.
No guarantees of the functioning of the Sharetribe service are given. The users are themselves responsible for their actions in the service and they should estimate the reliability of other users before dealing with them. The service provider can under no circumstances be liable for damage that is caused to the user. The user may not store any information or data in the service, and expect it to remain there.
The Removal of a User
The service provider has the right to remove any users from Sharetribe and terminate their right of use of the service without any specific reason and without being liable for compensation.
DRI_EV service: Sharetribe Ltd
info (at) sharetribe.com
Name of the register
User register of the DRI_EV service
Use of personal details (purpose of register)
Personal details are collected to make communication and use of service possible. Details can be used for communication between service providers and users and also for direct communication between users. Some personal details are visible on the profile page of the user, but those details are voluntary (except name).
The handling of personal details is not outsourced, but the register data is stored on a server that is rented from a third party company.
Information content of the register
The following information may be stored in the register:
- Personal details: Name, email address, phone number, street address
- Account details: username, password (stored in encrypted format)
- The description text that the user may write about him/herself
- The offers and requests the user has posted to the service
- The given and received feedback and badges
- Statistical data about service usage, e.g. number times the user has logged in
Regular sources of information
Personal details are given by the user on registration to the service or when using it later.
Regular handovers of the information
Information considering users of a single DRI_EV community may be handed over to the client who has founded that community or to the community administrators appointed by that client.
Transfers of the information outside the EU and the European Economic Area
Information may be stored to a server that may be located inside or outside of the EU and the European Economic Area
Register protection principles
The information is stored on computers. The access to the information is restricted with passwords and physical access to the computers is restricted by the server hosting company.